Friday, December 5, 2008

Vegas does what California never could manage!

LAS VEGAS — O.J. Simpson, the one-time football great who was acquitted in perhaps the most-watched murder trial of the 20th century, was sentenced Friday to a minimum of nine years in prison for his role in a 2007 raid on a Las Vegas hotel room in which two collectibles dealers were robbed of a trove of sports memorabilia.

Shortly before the sentence, Mr. Simpson, wearing a blue prison jumpsuit, his arms handcuffed in front of him, made a surprise statement in which he told Judge Jackie Glass of Clark County District Court: “I didn’t want to hurt anybody. I didn’t know I was doing anything wrong.”“I stand before you somewhat confused,” Mr. Simpson, his voice breaking, said in the rambling statement in which he uttered the word “sorry” at least four times.

Judge Glass seemed unimpressed, “The evidence was overwhelming,” she said before pronouncing sentence first on one of Mr. Simpson’s five accomplices, Clarence Stewart, 54, and then on Mr. Simpson himself.



I guess it's easier to convict when nobody gets killed and the gun doesn't even get used! .... or maybe it's just because these district attorneys were actually trying to convince and impress the jury & judge, not the cameras as those incompetents Clark & Darden!

It's a good day but I think there are very high chances this will be overturned on appeal and a new trial will be required. Simpson's lawyers talked about jury selection and the lack of blacks on it but I think the fact all accused were tried together is the main point here. How can the co-defendant Stewart have been tried fairly when O.J. Simpson is on trial with you?! He should have had a seperate trial.... Does throwing out the sentence for one dude automatically throws the other one out too?

Sadly, this isn't the last we hear about that psychopath

No comments:

Post a Comment